[01 Nov - 04 Nov 2019] - Welcome back! (Community discussion)
[Pic - Example of an error message and where it appears on the page if one should pop up.]
01 Nov 2019
Welcome back! It was a bit of a fight, but we got there in the end. We are now on our new, upgraded server -yay-
However, as we mentioned in our previous updates, we didn't have the required time to fix everything on the site just yet.
Adding to that, our webhost once again misinformed us about what our new server's specs would be, so we got the unexpected surprise of having to fix our fixes to work with our new server's actual specs! So a few all-nighters later, we've stabilized our site to the best we can do right now.
This means that you may encounter a few error messages (hopefully not too many) while you navigate and try to do things on the site. They usually appear at the top of the page (see pic above). If that occurs, please copy/paste the message and send it to us so we may be aware of the issue and correct it for everyone on the site.
On the whole though, we're sure the main core functionalities of our website are working. So writing texts, comments, or messages and uploading pictures on the site shouldn't be interrupted in any way.
You'll notice that we've made a few changes on the site. Minor, lingering things that needed adjusting (ex. hearts in inbox, etc).
We've also reorganized the Forum and Help sections, as well as updated the Terms of Membership. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the new additions, and as always, we're open for discussion if any of them don't ring right for you.
The following is what we know that currently doesn't work (which we're working on right now).
KNOWN CURRENT ISSUES
- Creating an account Sign up
- PayPal / Supporter 'membership'
- Sending emails from our site (Contact us, Report, Send text as email, Send message by email from writer's profile page, system emails)
- HTML editor adding '?' for new lines and spaces in PMs (2 Nov)
- Counters not updating because of website cache (2 Nov)
- Profile shortcut link (2 Nov)
- Profile picture upload & save triggers an error msg (3 Nov)
- Displaying of characters is incorrect on accented words
- Access to comments in diary fix doesn't work on new server, need new fix
- Website maintenance scripts
- RSS feed
- Editors' dashboard tweaking needed
- Challenges (themes) make more user-friendly
So here we go... second stage of fixing up PB begins now. Your help in reporting any issues will speed up this stage.
Again, we thank you all for bearing with us while we sort this out...
02 Nov 2019
Our address isn't fully resolved yet, but we will be able to go back to using www.poetbay.com soon (maybe another 24hrs for some). Periodically check on your browser to see if you can load our website from our usual www address. If so, then our address' new web location has finished propagating on the world wide web and you can start using it again.
Words by Editorial Team
Read 137 times
Written on 2019-11-02 at 00:01
Save as a bookmark (requires login)
Write a comment (requires login)
Send as email